Welcome!


Hi there, I’m Britney!  I have a lot of interests and passions, but first, let’s get the boring stuff out of the way.  Growing up, I lived in three different states (in this order): Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota.  In 2000 my family settled on Minnesota and I consider that to be where I grew up.  After graduating high school in 2007 (go Cougars!) I attended the University of Wisconsin – River Falls, where I played tennis and majored in English literature with a minor in professional writing.  Originally I was minoring in creative writing, but changed my minor to allow for a 6-month internship with the Philadelphia Flyers. Following college, I attended law school at Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio, which is where I now live and where I practice law.
Okay, now for the fun stuff! I’m a list-maker (mostly mental list-maker, not paper-and-pen), so these are some of my favorite interests and passions:
  • Hockey (if it wasn’t clear from my picture and my internship with the Flyers)
  • Writing (gotta state the obvious)
  • Ballet (not partaking but watching – I’m especially fond of the Nutcracker)
  • Bullet Journaling
  • Hamlet
  • All things Disney
  • Traveling (I’m doing a Baltic Sea cruise in May and cannot wait!)
  • Japan and Japanese culture
  • Tennis (I recently started playing again)
  • All things Philadelphia (but especially the food)
  • Tea (this isn’t an interest/passion but an obsession)
  • Reading
  • Musicals (obviously Wicked and also obviously Hamilton, along with all the Disney ones, of course)
  • Being out on a lake – I love to boat, jet-ski, wakeboard, and honestly, I just love the lake smell (I’m a true Minnesotan that way; I lack the accent, though)
For a glimpse at the kinds of things I write, head over to my NaNoWriMo page.  I’ve taken part in NaNoWriMo since I was a senior in high school back in 2006 (of course I was forced into a hiatus during law school – November just so happened to be finals time).  I’ve written lots of other stuff, but its a nice little list.

Comments